Build your business services through becoming an
Accredited P2PAgri Adviser.
Who can do this training?
Advisers who wish to add Farm Business Management to their professional skills offering, and be listed as an Accredited P2PAgri adviser on the P2PAgri Website.
Accountants who wish to improve the level of support they offer their rural clients, and be listed as an Accredited P2PAgri adviser on the P2PAgri Website.
Farmers who wish to undertake high quality training in farm business management for use in their own business.
Introductory offer for 2-day training course: $2,195 (GST Incl.)
This course will be a combination of group workshop and online training.
This price also includes 2 x annual subscriptions to the FUTURE level of P2PAgri (the highest level).
Participants who have demonstrated competency in the training outcomes have the option to be listed on the P2PAgri website as an Accredited P2PAgri Adviser:
High-level competency in Farm Business Management understanding:
- Liquidity – Cash Flow
- Efficiency – use of capital invested
- Wealth – Net Worth
- Enterprise Gross Margins
- Max Profit ≠ Max Production
- Financial risk assessment of a business.
High-level consulting skills to:
- Identify the farmer client’s goals to put in a context of why the farmer is asking for help.
- Communicate clearly with farmers and listen to their business concerns and identify questions that require answering.
- Interact with the client to provide a clear financial understanding of the business and be able to analyse strategies that will help the business achieve its goals.
- Provide, if required, the farmer with a written report of:
- The results of a ‘what-if’ analysis on the business.
- A SWOT analysis of their business.
- A report for the bank if the client requires additional financing.
- Use the P2PAgri platform confidently in providing analysis of their client’s business.
- Know how to build their farmer adviser business. Participants will be provided with strategies in how to use P2PAgri in their business once they are accredited.
- How do you sell ‘farm business management’?
- What services to provide?
- What to charge?
- How to maintain clients?
Resources used in training
Participants will receive two annual subscriptions to P2PAgri FUTURE (gives access to all 3 levels). Participants will demonstrate competence in using all three levels of the platform, knowing which product is best used to answer specific questions:
- ESSENTIALS – to give a ‘high-level’ financial SWOT analysis of the business
- SEASON – to focus on the season’s plan and monitor results through the season
- FUTURE – to plan the next 1-6 years and SCENARIO to assess ‘What-if’ questions where the client requires further insight.
‘Farming the Business’ GRDC farm business management manual